If you are thinking of becoming a real estate agent in Albuquerque we’ve got some amazing tips for you below! We map out what it looks like to be a real estate agent so you can decide if it’s the right career move for you!
NM Homies Real Estate – Helping you buy and sell in ABQ, New Mexico
Is becoming a real estate agent the right career for you? 🧐
Becoming a real estate agent nowadays is very common. We are in a culture of ditching corporate jobs and investing in ourselves by becoming our own bosses. If you love real estate and you love to help others make their dream life come true, being a real estate agent might be the right job for you.
Our real estate agent Desiree Pucket explains why she decided to start her career in real estate:
“The idea of being my own boss and being able to be home more with my kids really drew me in. Once I started actually meeting new clients and learning the business, that’s when I liked it even more.
Now is a bit different because I do have a second job but that’s where my NM Homies team really comes into play. Without the team I wouldn’t be able to peruse real estate right now, so I’m grateful for my team! Stay tuned for my Reel on benefits to being on the NM Homies team”– Desiree Puckett, NM Homies Associate Broker
Whether it’s a team or a single agent, here are a few pros about becoming a real estate agent:
- Flexible schedule- The pro that gravitates any entrepreneur to take the leap and become a business owner. As a Real estate agent you have a flexible schedule which means you pick the days you want to work whether it’s in the office or at home.
- Meeting new people- real estate agents are constantly meeting new people! You are also helping all these new people make the right choice in the biggest moment of their lives. You also network with title reps, mortgage lenders and other agents!
- Unlimited income potential- As a real estate agent, your income has no set maximum. You have the opportunity for unlimited income potential with consistency and dedication.
- Career mobility- with your real estate agent knowledge you can also have a side hustle that requires your expertise. Such as real estate investor, residential appraiser, property manager, leasing consultant, office manager, customer service representative or sales associate.
- Business growth- the size of your business is all up to you and your goals. You can grow it to eventually become a broker and lead your own team or you can do real estate as a part-time job.
So… when it comes down to the transaction, what do real estate agents do?
Real Estate agents help their clients buy and sell homes. But not only are they the negotiator between buyers and sellers, but they are also the experts to will help you get the most out of your real estate transaction. Agents are doing many things behind the scenes to prepare in order to help clients buy or sell.
Here are some common duties a real estate will do:
- Planning and attending open houses.
- Setting up showing appointments with potential buyers.
- Using the MLS to find or list homes.
- Researching sale prices of comparable properties.
- Scheduling home inspections and appraisals.
- Completing the paperwork for offers or purchase agreements.
- Sending information to the lender required for the mortgage.
Contemplating your next career move or ready to join a team? NM Homies is always looking for awesome brokers to join our team. Give us a call and let’s get you going!